CSV2JSON Map Maker Tool
Project Name: CSV2JSON ("Map Maker") Tool
Current Version: 1.1.1
Operating System requirements: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (will run under Mac OSX using Parallels or Boot Camp)
BuzzTouch Project Compatibility: Any version of BuzzTouch using Location Map screens
BuzzTouch Screen Type: Location Map Screen
BuzzTouch Implementation: Remotely hosted data, File inclusion in build, Pasted into BT_Config.txt
Overview: Allows user to quickly create JSON formatted map data from a CSV (spreadsheet) document
Support Forum: http://idevdepot.com/?forum=csv2json-tool-map-builder
Price: $10.00 (including all future updates!)
- Easy to import map points from CSV file
- Supports comma or pipe delimited CSV files
- Option to include URL and NavBar Title to link map points to a webpage
- Outputs a text file that can be hosted, included in build, or pasted into BT_Config.txt
- Quicker to create multiple map points without using BuzzTouch's control panel
- Ideal for maps with a large number of map points
- Using a remotely hosted map data file to allow real time editing of map points
- Use the quick editing power of spreadsheet software to greatly decrease development time of large maps
Show Driving Directions for All Maps?: If you select "yes" for this, each map location will link to driving directions. If not, they will just be markers on the map. There is not an easy way at the moment to have the option of linking to another BT screen, since the tool would have to also know all of your other itemIDs.
Delimiting Character: You can choose from either a comma or a pipe. Most CSV's default to using commas, but if you have commas in your spreadsheet data, you will have to use the pipe. (google how to do this).
Folder and Filename: Should be self explanatory. Make sure neither input box is blank. If the file already exists, you will be asked if you want to delete it or not. After all that's set, hit Create!
Get the CSV2JSON Tool